I’m a little late, I know. But life has been a little busy. Ya know?
I’m thankful for my boss. This year has been a difficult one in a lot of ways but my boss has been understanding in ways I didn’t expect. She is also currently laying on a beach in Hawaii while we freeze our butts off here at home.
I’m thankful for MiniMe. Yes she’s a teenager now and that brings all kinds of angst but she is still my sweet girl and I love her.
I’m thankful for my girl Beauty. This has probably been the most difficult year of her life so far but she still continues to amaze me with her caring attitude and the love she shows her family.
I’m thankful for my brothers and sisters. Without them I would be lost.
I’m thankful for my nieces and nephews and cousins and aunts and uncles and all the rest of the extended family. They were so supportive when my mom passed away. Without them I’m not sure I would be here today.
I am thankful for all of my friends. You know how to make a girl feel loved.
I’m thankful that even though my mom is gone from our everyday life we know we will see her again.
I’m thankful this year is almost over. My birthday is in a couple of days so I can officially be done with this year. Turning 40 was painful a year ago but I’m happy to turn 41. Maybe it will be a lot less stressful!
I’m trying to be thankful here.
I have a warm place to lay my head.
My girls are safe and mostly healthy.
I have a job that I love.
I got to witness a wedding today.
blah blah blah
Today, I’m just mad.
Without getting specific about the current situation I’m just going to rant a little. I’m apologizing in advance.
I’m sorry you didn’t want to do YOUR job. Apparently the fact that you actually have to WORK is a little much for you. It’s ok. I get it. Things happen and sometimes doing your job isn’t fun. I’m sure it’s not fun at all when you get called on it for being to lazy to actually DO your job and it costs your company money that could have been avoided with a simple phone call. How unfortunate for you that you got woke up early this morning by an irate person. Oh yeah, that irate person was ME. How sad for you that you got called on the carpet when you said “Well, I can’t do that” when in fact “that” is exactly what your job is all about.
I expect I will be known in your memory as the thorn in your side that almost (and potentially will) cost you your job. You know what? I truly hope your don’t lose your source of income over this but I hope that you learned something here. And no, I wasn’t kidding when I told you where I work. Your mistake could have cost me MY job!
My birthday is in a few weeks. I’m so done with 40.
My last post was wondering where the pause button for life is at. Well, I still haven’t found it and life has gotten even more crazy. A quick re-cap of the last month or so:
- Like I mentioned in my last post, my co-worker “retired suddenly” and I stepped up offered to help with whatever I could. Ok, let me explain something here. I have a college degree. (Yay me!) That college degree was focused more in the medical office field. The office I work in now? I work for a lawyer whose primary practice is estate planning. Absolutely NOTHING to do with medical of any kind! I pretty much said to my boss, “Look, I have no clue what I’m doing but if you want to teach me, I’m willing to learn. Just please be patient with me.” My boss isn’t really known for her patience and the learning curve has been incredibly steep but I think I’m doing ok. If the last bonus I got is any indication then I’m doing pretty darn great actually! And I’m now full-time which is always a plus!
- In the last couple of weeks I have apparently become the legal assistant rather than just the receptionist (not that there’s anything wrong with that job!). The other day my co-worker addressed me as my bosses assistant to a client and I kind of freaked out (not in front of the client of course!). It was the first time I’ve heard her refer to me as that and it just hit me that this is a seriously grown-up job…AND SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT ME! Ok, deep breaths… I can do this!
- Because of the type of work I am now doing I am thinking about the future and putting some things in place so if anything was to happen to me, my kids will be taken care of. Another seriously grown-up thing!
- Beauty is no longer living with me. She has made some difficult choices recently and while I don’t agree with most of them, she is 19 and is learning to be responsible for herself. I just pray that she makes it through this and will someday have good advice to give to her children.
- MiniMe is adjusting to not having her big sister at home. Most days it’s hard but we’re finding our new normal.
All in all, the first few months of 40 have been incredibly busy but mostly satisfying and I think I’m okay with it.