This is it. I decided that I’m only going to do one big post rather than the “Day 17 I’m thankful for dishsoap” thing a bunch of my Facebook friends are doing. Ok, actually not all of my friends are thankful for dishsoap. In fact, for the most part, my friends that are doing the Facebook Thankfulness project are actually thankful for some pretty good stuff.
Ok, here goes…
I’m thankful for my parents. They gave me life. Even if my mom did cry for 4 months because she thought she was going through menopause. I’m thankful that I had my daddy for the first 12 years of my life. And I’m thankful 14 years ago my mom found a man to love her and take care of her.
I’m thankful for my siblings. My brothers and sisters have been there for me through the many ups and downs in my life and I feel unbelievably blessed to have them in my life.
I’m thankful for my girls. I’m still trying to come up with something to call them on here so as to provide them with some privacy. I can’t use initials…they both have exactly the same initials. Very smart of me, I know. For now I’ll continue to call the youngest one MiniMe (since, well, other than the hair color and the eye color she really does look exactly like me at that age. Poor kid!) but I’m thinking “Beauty” is a good name for her big sister. My girls are 6 years apart. Beauty is going to be 19 here in a few short weeks. She is my 5’9″ blonde, blue-eyed vision. She has not had an easy time of it recently and I worry about her constantly but I know that I did my best to raise her right and I have to trust God to take care of her now. MiniMe is my constant challenge. I believe she will do great things in life. Providing we can get through the “tween” and teen years… As much as they drive me crazy sometimes, they are my whole world. They make me smile, cry, scream and laugh, often all at the same time. I love you girls and I’m so glad God chose me to be your mom!
I’m thankful for my employers. I know, I know, everyone right now is thankful for their jobs because so many of us are out of work and struggling. But I truly am thankful for the opportunities I have been given not just at my current jobs but at all the jobs I’ve worked at. I learned something from each one and all of those experiences have made me the person I am today.
I am thankful that through various connections I was able to get a new (to me) vehicle a couple of weeks ago. I’m also thankful that this morning when I got $60 in gas it pretty much filled my tank as opposed to only giving me half a tank in “The Beast”. Through one of those connections I may be able to sell the beast too! Yay me!
I’m thankful for a bunch of other stuff like
- Having a place to live although we are currently “houseless”
- Having the freedom to say what I think when so many people are so oppressed.
- My friends – I have a couple of really amazing friends that I know I can count on when times are tough. What more can a girl ask for?
- I’m thankful that I get 2 days off in a row this week. Normally I work 6 days a week but this week, with Thanksgiving tomorrow and one of my jobs is closed and the other I’m not scheduled to work at, I get to rest! I’m pretty sure I’m not going to do the “Black Friday” madness but that’s not official yet. Last year I worked at Walmart on Black Friday. To put it simply, THAT SUCKED! I mean, I was grateful for the extra pay but leaving my family so I could be there for all the local crazy people who were standing in line for hours and hours just to get a TV that went on sale for a better price after Christmas was just dumb.
- I’m thankful for all of our military and their families. Not just today, but every day!
- I’m thankful for the team at Cakewrecks for their amazing talent. Not just Jen and John (ThoJ) but also Sharyn and mel and zoomom and TLC and Haiku Joy and all the rest. You guys make me smile and often times make me snort coffee out my nose. Pleasent visual, no?
There are so many little things I’m thankful for that I could list but you have likely heard all of them somewhere else so I’ll just stop now.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!