Well, that’s just a loaded question right there.
In the last 12 days:
- Monday – Beauty was admitted to the hospital with kidney problems again
- Tuesday – My mom was admitted the following day to the same hospital with internal bleeding. I also had my first ever anxiety attack
- Early Wednesday morning – My brothers and sisters and I had to make the decision to let mom go. I had another anxiety attack
- Thursday – Mom passed away. I had 2 more anxiety attacks. It was also my step-dad’s birthday 😦
- Friday – Beauty was released from the hospital because the doctor is an idiot. My sisters came from Idaho
- Saturday – Had a service here for mom. Another anxiety attack
- Sunday – Went to my old church (also the church my parents attended). It was good to see so many of those who have been praying for us but still hard to be there without my mom.
- Monday – Worked all day and ended up taking Beauty back to the hospital to be re-admitted.
- Tuesday – Worked all day after getting 2 hours of sleep in a chair at the hospital with Beauty. Doctor released her again because they can tell us what ISN’T wrong with her but can’t figure out why she’s still in so much pain. Really dissatisfied with our healthcare system right about now!
- Wednesday – Worked all day, probably the most uneventful day I’ve had in a while.
- Thursday – Got to see the little boy who is like my grandson. Haven’t seen him since Thanksgiving. He’s growing so much! **I didn’t cry for the first time in a week!!!**
- Also Thursday – A truck with an oversized load hit a bridge on the freeway about 30 miles from where I live and the bridge fell in the water. Thankfully nobody was seriously injured! Bad news for me is that I have to drive that way today after work! Yep, that will be fuuuuuunnnnn!!!! NOT!
- Today is Friday and after work we are leaving for Idaho for a second service and burial for my mom. Good news is that I have Valium!
- Tomorrow is Saturday and we will be having the above mentioned service for family and friends that weren’t able to come to the first service. I expect I will cry a really lot.
- Sunday we will be driving back home.
- Monday I will sleep and clean my house that I’ve barely been at in the last 2 weeks.
During the last 2 weeks I have learned just how amazing my friends are. I can’t thank you guys enough for being there for me during this difficult time in my life. Y’all know how to make a girl feel loved!