The last couple of weeks have been more than a little crazy around here. Hmm… let’s see if we can put things in order..
- Beauty ended up in the hospital for 3 days after 2 ER visits
- I attempted to sleep in a really uncomfortable hard plastic chair for 2 nights as a result of the above situation.
- I thought my purse was stolen. (I actually left it in the cafeteria and the food service people had it locked up for me!) Lack of sleep can do crazy things, let me tell ya!
- My co-worker quit. As in “Here’s my keys. I’m not coming in tomorrow.” kind of quit.
- I’m picking up a few extra hours and some more responsibilities to help pick up some of the slack.
- My mom was admitted to the hospital for 5 days with Type A Influenza and Pneumonia. She’s doing better now thankfully.
- A group of us went to a Sewing Expo about 3 hours from home. It was awesome to just get away from everything for a couple of days. I’m pretty sure I walked 10 miles the first day just looking at everything. I did purchase a kit to make the coolest wall hanging I’ve ever seen. I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to try to add more around the outside of it to make it into a quilt for my bed or just have it on my wall. I took a couple of classes and can’t wait to get sewing again so I can put some of the tricks I learned into play.
- My boss left for vacation. Yes, it’s been very quiet around here by myself but she left me with some work to do so that’s keeping me busy.
- Beauty just informed me that she thinks she needs to go back to the hospital. She was previously admitted for treatment for an acute kidney infection. She has been on antibiotics for over 3 weeks now and the pain is just as bad as it was the first time we went in. The did a CT scan to check her appendix as well as for kidney stones and didn’t find anything there but this is more than a little ridiculous. And scary!
MiniMe and I were planning on going to our local high school’s production of the musical Hairspray this evening but I’m thinking that might not happen now. You know, I get it now why my mom wanted to be there when I had my gallbladder surgery.
When you’re a mom, you just have to be there…You don’t have a choice.